LivekTok How To Go Live On TikTok Like a Pro?
Would you like to start a Live stream on TikTok but have a few concerns? Do you want to learn all about TikTok Live, its dos and don’ts, top features, and how to start a Live stream? Then this article is for you!
In this article, we’re going to talk about TikTok Live, its importance, its top features, the rules, the requirements to use TikTok Live, and how to use it. But before we start, let’s talk about the difference between TikTok and another popular social media platform, Instagram.
TikTok VS Instagram
While both platforms are similar and very popular, there are a few important differences between them.
- Content: The main difference between TikTok and Instagram is the type of content they support. TikTok only supports videos (for now). Instagram on the other hand, is a fully established social media that allows its users to share any visual content including, photos, text photos, short videos, and IGTV which is good for videos that are less than 60 minutes.
- Users Demographics: TikTok is generally used by Gen Z users (most of them are 18 and 24 years old). But Instagram users are generally between the ages of 25 and 40 years old.
- Users Purpose: TikTok users generally look for entertainment and fun videos. That’s why they watch random funny videos, as well as short tutorials. But Instagram users want to connect with their friends, see the latest posts of their friends, and at the same time follow some influencers, brands, as well as news pages.
- Algorithms: If you just want to reach more users (random users generally) and go viral fast, then TikTok is your best option. But, if you’re trying to generate some leads for your website, and convert them to customers, then Instagram is better than TikTok for you.
TikTok Live vs Instagram Live
Live streaming is the new trend among social media users. Both the streamer and the users love Live streaming because it’s a much better way to connect with your followers. And at the same time, it feels more authentic than other types of content. Because, when users watch a video, they know that the video creator has shot the video several times and edited the video before uploading it. So, it doesn’t feel like REAL. But Live videos on the other hand are much more alive and authentic and real. And as a result, Live videos have a better impression on the users.
Both TikTok and Instagram support Live streaming. But there are some differences between them. Instagram users (influencers) generally go live to:
- Talk about their routines
- Talk about another brand (advertisement)
- Have a live conversation and Q&A with their fans
- Share their private events (private parties for example)
- Talk shows with multiple guests (this is very attractive)
As you see, the main purpose of Instagram live, is to get into a deeper level of connection with your followers.
But, the main purpose that TikTok Live streamers follow besides connecting with their followers, is to generate income! Because TikTok gives the users this opportunity to go live and receive cash prizes from other users (this is only available for users that are at least 18). At the same time, going live on TikTok has some requirements (unlike Instagram) that we’ll talk about in a moment.
TikTok Live Requirements
You need to be at least 16 years old and have at least 1000 followers to access live-streaming features on TikTok. And you need to keep in mind that TikTok can suspend your live streaming rights (either temporarily or permanently) if you violate community guidelines. So if you want to enjoy TikTok Live Streaming features, it’s very important to follow these rules:
These contents are not allowed on TikTok:
- Hate Speech
- Sexual Content and Pornography
- Criminal Activities (Drugs, fraud, etc.)
- Suicide (talk or attempt)
- Grooming and exploitation of children or juveniles
Please keep in mind that most TikTok users are basically young people. So you need to follow the rules and keep your content clean.
How To Start a Live Stream on TikTok?
Going live on TikTok is like a piece of cake. You just need to do the followings:
- Open the app and tap the + sign.
- Slide to the Live Tab.
- Write an interesting Title
- Click Go Live.
Congratulations, you are Live now. You can talk to the world.
Can I access my Live Stream after finishing it?
Yes. You can. TikTok records your Live Streams and keeps them for up to 90 days. You can access them by going to”Live Replay” which is in your “settings and privacy” tab. You can also download your Live Performance and keep it for yourself or share it on other platforms.
Here are a few tips for you to have a better experience while you are Live on TikTok.
1. Find the best time to go live on TikTok.
Why do you want to go live on TikTok? You want to reach most of your target users, right? But what if when you go live, your target users are not online? You can’t believe how many people forget this important factor. They go online randomly and because of that, they can’t be successful! So, you need to know when most of your target users are online and plan to go Live right at that time.
How to know when most of my target users are active?
Thanks to TikTok, it’s so easy to know this. Go to your Analytics. Then go to “Followers” tab. And there you can find what times of the day and what days of the week most of your followers are active. You can find other useful information there as well. For example, videos and sounds that are most popular with your followers.
1. Have Enough Light.
Based on a report from Hubspot, the worst enemy of a Live Stream is bad lighting! Bad lighting pushes your audience out of the Live stream, quicker than you can imagine.
So you need to make sure that your lighting is good and professional. You can use natural lighting or you can buy some useful artificial lights to improve the quality of your video.
2. Go Live On TikTok In A Private and Quiet Place
Another important thing that determines your level of success with TikTok Livestreams, is the quality of your voice. You need to go live in a place that is quiet and has minimum noise. And at the same time, you need to use professional tools to improve your sound quality (the quality of the phone’s mic is OK, but if you want to be professional, I recommend you use a high-quality external mic). This ensures that your users pay attention to you and your sound more than background noises within your environment or their environment. You can also invest in an external mic to improve your sound quality.
3) Use Professional Equipment
In addition to lights and a mic, you need to use a tripod. Tripod will allow you to use both your hands for better non-verbal communication and at the same time, it helps you move freely.
4) Use High-Speed Network Connection
This is more important than you can think. You need to make sure your wi-fi connection is strong. If it’s not, then don’t go live. Because as we said before, it’s much better not to Livestream than to have a low-quality Livestream. Low-quality Livestream will push your viewers away from you forever! And it’s hard to get them back! So, make sure your connection is strong.
5) Be Prepared (Well-Prepared)
A friend of mine who was not successful at Instagram decided to be a TikToker. He got 5K followers in a few months. Then started making live videos. And guess what he used to do in his Live performance? Nothing! He used to wait for his follower to join his Live, then he asked his audience this crazy question: “Ok guys, what do you want me to talk about?”
And I was like, really? Is this your strategy to become a TikTok influencer? I told him back then, that this strategy will fail, sooner or later, and you need to have a plan for your Live videos. But, he didn’t agree with me. And, to my surprise, he failed after several months! I was expecting a sooner failure for him. Why?
Before answering this question, let’s see the difference between ancient social media users VS modern social media users.
Modern Users VS Ancient Users!
Let me take you back to the dark ages of 2010. When Facebook and Twitter were the only social media platforms on earth. Do you remember that old age? We were so excited to access and use the new world of social media, and we were so happy to follow everybody who we thought was nice! We used to comment on every post that we saw and hit the Like button for every crap on our home page, right? But, let’s be honest. Are we still the same? Do we enjoy the same excitement as then? Unfortunately not!
Nowadays, users are so cruel and selective. These modern users don’t attend every TikTok Live they see, don’t like everybody, and don’t comment on every video! They don’t care about all the craps that are out there. Modern users want something new and unique! They like and follow the people whose posts are engaging and related to them. Otherwise, they ignore that person and his/her posts! As you can see, the old habits are gone and users have changed a lot!
So, it’s impossible to be normal and ordinary and get more attention from users. You need to do something different. You must be unique. If you really want to increase the number of people who join your TikTok Livestreams, you need to follow two important steps: first, work on your content. Second, work with a professional team to help you get more TikTok Livestream Views.
1) Creating Better TikTok Live.
To get more engagement and more TikTok Livestream Views, you need to differentiate yourself from others. You should engage your followers. How? The answer to this question is two important things:
- Uniqueness: You need to talk about unique things. The things that your users want to know, but not so many people are talking about.
- Engagement: You need to engage your followers in your videos. Ask questions, challenge users to do something, or use call-to-action and invite your viewers to take an action.
So, if you want to naturally increase your TikTok Live Comments, Likes, and Views, you have to be creative and shoot unique content. And at the same time, you need to engage your viewers by asking questions or challenging them to do something.
2) Have a Plan and Be Prepared Before You Go Live On TikTok:
Lack of Plan = Lack of RESPECT!
When a user joins your TikTok Live, he/she invests his/her time in you, right? So he/she expects to get something out of your session, right? But when that person sees that you have no plan and no valuable content, he/she thinks that you disrespect his/her time. As a result, that person moves out of your TikTok Live, and never comes back! In other words, the lack of a plan has a very negative effect on your TikTok Livestreams and your TikTok Success. So, you need to have a plan for all of your Livestreams, no matter what.
A TikTok Live plan might be as simple as this:
The start: Start or the introduction includes:
- Welcoming the audience using their usernames out loud.
- Talking about the purpose of your Livestream and introducing the topic.
The Main Body of Your TikTok Live:
- After introducing the topic, you need to talk about it in more detail.
- Explain the features, benefits, pros, and cons of that topic.
- Engage your users by asking them questions.
- Let them ask their questions if they have any.
- Answer their questions with patience and make sure that they get what they need.
- Summarize the topic: After telling all the things about the topic in your TikTok Live, you need to give them a summary.
- CTA (Call To Action): now that you finished your talk, it’s important to tell viewers what to do. This is called, Call To Action. It might be as simple as, “thanks for joining me in this session. If you want to see me again here, please go and send me some gifts”. Or, you can ask them to hit the like button, follow your profile, share your videos, or visit your website for more content.
3)Buy TikTok Live Views from a Professional Partner.
Although being unique is important and necessary, it’s not enough. Because it’s not about content alone. There are more important things: the people whom you create content for. And your competitors.
To be successful, you should convince the users that your content is better and more engaging than that of your competitors. How? Using Social Proof!
What Is Social Proof On TikTok?
When a user sees your profile or your videos for the first time, his/her mind starts making a judgment. How? By looking at the number of Likes, Comments, and Views of your videos! And, if these numbers were high, then the user will perceive your content as valuable and worthwhile! But if the numbers were low, then the user will ignore you and search for a better video!
These numbers are your social proof on TikTok. So, if you want to have better social proof and in fact better first impression on your fans, you need to increase the number of your TikTok Live Views, Likes, and comments. And if you want to take the easiest and fastest route and buy TikTok Live Comments, Fansoria is here to help and support you with its unique and innovative approach to give you real and reliable TikTok Live Views, comments, and Likes.
6) Have a Colleague Manage Users’ Comments.
While you are performing on TikTok Live, users might ask you questions or tell you something important. Or maybe, you have some uninvited guests, like robots and trolls! These are big problems because they not only distract your audience but keep you from seeing the important messages that you should have seen.
So, you need a friend or a colleague to manage and take care of all of these things while you are performing. Ensuring that your TikTok Live is safe and enjoyable for your audience.
TikTok Live is a very useful option for you if you want to connect with your audience on a deeper level, earn extra money, and become famous faster than other platforms.
If you need any help with your TikTok Marketing, or you need to get more TikTok Livestream Views, TikTok Live Likes, TikTok Live Comments, etc. Please feel free to contact us. We would be more than happy to help.